Tuesday, January 22, 2008
1.What is your school's full name? Klein High School
2.Where was your high school? Spring/Klein, TX (suburb of Houston)
3.Who was your best friend? Tamera
4. What extracurricular activities were you involved in? Choir, drama, Honor Society
5. What kind of car did you drive? white Toyota Celica
6. It's Friday night, where were you? Hanging out at someone's house, watching movies, sometimes at a football game, maybe on a date
7. Were you a party animal? Can you be a party animal if you're a good Mormon?
8. Were you considered a flirt? Most definitely :)
9. Were you a nerd? no
10. Did you get suspended or expelled? no
11. Can you sing the fight song? Oh hail, all hail to old Klein High...
12. Who were your favorite teachers? Mrs. Schnell, Mrs. Esmond, Mr. Raddin
13. Where did you sit during lunch? Is this question trying to get me to say if I sat at the cool table or not? I don't really understand how to answer - I sat at a table with my friends, maybe in the southwest corner (?)
14. School mascot? Bearkat. Just what a bearkat actually is was a continuing debate.
15. Did you go to Prom, and if so with who? Yes, unfortunately with Adrian Dawson. He was a convicted felon (he stole $100 from his work). I remember my reasons for saying yes to him, they just don't make sense anymore. I was nominated for Prom Queen and the only conversation I remember having with Adrian that night was him asking me, "You're not gonna be, like, bummed out if you don't win are you? Cuz that'd suck if you ruined our night cuz you were sad." Yeah, he was a real winner.
16. If you could go back and do it over, would you? Most people know that I LOVED high school. Grant will tell you that I still cry when I talk about how much I miss it (that's a joke - mostly). So, part of me would love to go back. But, I think most of me wouldn't. As fun as it was, there was still too much drama, competition, insecurities, etc.
17. What do you remember most about graduation? That it was long!
18. What was your favorite class? English, choir, and my computer class cuz Lindsay and I just talked the whole time.
19. Where were you on senior skip day? I don't remember a Senior skip day. Well, unless it was the Monday after Prom. In that case, I would have been at a beach house in Galveston.
20. Did you have a job your senior year? I was a singing hostess at Macaroni Grill.
21. Where did you go most often for lunch? We couldn't leave the school for lunch.
22. Have you gained weight since then? Yes, unfortunately!
23. What did you do after graduation? I worked that summer at Macaroni Grill.
24. Did you go to your 10 year reunion? Yes.
I tag my high school friends: Tamera, Lindsay, Kristen (and Sarah and Natalie, but I'm not sure how often they read my blog)
How long have you and your s.o. been together? Married 7 years, been together 8.
Who eats more? Hmmm, neither of us eat a ton (for those of you who have seen Grant, you can attest to this), but I definitely enjoy food more than Grant.
Who said I love you first? Grant. It was about the sweetest, most sincere moment I could've ever dreamt up. True, a little cliche because we were hiking Y mountain (at BYU), but that big white Y on the mountain is very special to me now!
Who is taller? Grant, thank goodness. I'm 5'3" so if he was shorter than that, it'd be a little weird.
Who sings better? Grant won't feel bad if I say definitely me. Few things delight him more than singing badly!
Who is smarter? I'm more book-smart and a deeper thinker, but Grant is so much smarter than me with more practical, everyday things (like common sense).
Who does the laundry? Usually me, but if I get behind Grant will do some of his own loads without any nagging, which I greatly appreciate. However, he is completely hopeless when it comes to folding laundry.
Who does the dishes? That is supposed to be Grant's main chore around the house, and he usually does an amazing job staying on top of it. I try to do them throughout the day, though.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Right side if you're in the bed? Like Stage Right? If so, then me. Does anyone know if that is supposed to mean anything?
Who pays the bills? Grant. Bills are an example of practical, everyday things at which Grant is much better than me!
Who mows the lawn? Grant. He's my man!
Who cooks dinner? Usually me, much to my disdain (and probably to my family's as well!). I HATE cooking and often want to cry thinking that I have to do it three times a day for the rest of my life!!!!! Grant is a much better cook than me, but he just doesn't have much time for it, so unfortunately (for all involved) the lot falls on me.
Who drives when you are together? Grant, which is a good thing since he is a HORRIBLE back-seat driver and drives me up a wall when I drive!
Who is more stubborn? Definitely me. Grant's not very stubborn. One of his many wonderful traits (or lack of a trait).
Who is the first to admit when they're wrong? Probably Grant, but I try hard to keep up with his goodness!
Whose parents do you see the most? Mine, although we wish we could see Grant's as much.
Who kissed who first? Grant and he definitely should get an award for persistence because I tried my hardest to dissuade him. A lesser man would have given up (as many had before him).
Who proposed? Both of us in a way. I kinda told Grant that if he was going to ask me to marry him he had to do it RIGHT THEN or I'd flip out (I was scared). So he obeyed me, like the smart man he is. But, when he got the ring a few weeks later he proposed again of his own free will.
Who is more sensitive? Definitely me, but one of the things I love most about Grant is certain things do make him teary-eyed.
Who has more friends? Me. Grant has a short friend attention span. Outta sight, outta mind.
Who has more siblings? Grant. He has 6 siblings. I have 2.
Who wears the pants in the family? Probably me. Grant's too sweet. But, don't be fooled. If he cares about something enough he will fight me. (Lucky for me that doesn't happen too often!)
I tag Kara, Shannon, Kerstin and Amy
Friday, January 18, 2008
The snowman the kids and dad made (mom doesn't really like to play in the snow). Too bad it never got a face. The red yarn is supposed to be hair, because Claire insisted it be a girl snowman.
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
6. Acting out the nativity on Christmas Eve
(Ava was the angel on high, who ate Baby Jesus at the end of her performance)
7. Tracking where Santa is before bed on Christmas Eve on www.noradsanta.org
8. Pouring reindeer food (dry oatmeal and glitter) outside to make sure Santa can find our house
9. Leaving cookies and milk for Santa
10. Kids sleeping in the same bed so they can try to see Rudolph together