Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Wicked Fun

We had a lot of Halloween parties to attend this year. The first was at one of Claire's friend from school's house. Unfortunately, Ava and I were sick, so we had to stay home. Grant took Cole and Claire.

Claire was a spider princess this year. Not exactly sure what that is, but it looked cool!


Cole was going to be Harry Potter, then Ron.  Right before the party he changed his mind and wore this old pumpkin costume we have.  Whatever!  


He's trying to look tough here, but it's hard when you're wearing a neon-orange poofy pumpkin outfit.


Cole made the pumpkin pin he's wearing.






Next, Grant and I went to a Halloween party at our friends', Matt and Kim's, house.  Grant is Gilligan, which makes more sense when you see him with the Skipper and Mary Ann (a few pictures below).  There was no way I could find a maternity Ginger outfit, so I went as a witch.


I'm not quite sure what is going on in this picture.


Here's the Skipper (Scott) and Gilligan.


Mary Ann (Cami), the Skipper and Gilligan


Lots of witches came to the party (and a black cat).




All the girls.




We also went to the ward trunk-or-treat.  We dressed up as the Scooby-Doo gang.  Let's just say Velma's outfit is not the most flattering on my pregnant body.  Oh, well.  I did it for my kids.  My hair was pinned up better at the beginning of the evening, but this picture was taken at the end of the night after I'd been running around everywhere (I was partly in charge of the event) so it looks really scraggly.  And, if you can't tell, we sprayed Claire's and Grant's hair.  Grant's hair looked more green than blonde, but everyone got the point.


This was how we decorated the trunk.


And this was what we passed out.  


Halloween is such a fun time of year and I love all the dressing up and going to parties!  We've definitely been spoiled moving down here and we always have lots of fun events to go to.  We love it.

5 comments:

Jilly Bean said...

Partay animals!

Jilly Bean said...

P.S. You finally got a family picture at the church party. It turned out great. I'm so glad Grant didn't have to die!

RSP said...

Love the costumes! You guys all look adorable! We have been missing out on all the fun:(

Amy and the boys said...

LOVE the family scooby doo theme. You should've been Ginger with all those other Gilligan Island characters!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

wow, you really got the scooby doo fever, that is an awesome family picture. We did a family thing one year, and it would be fun to do over and over. You should frame that pic and pull it out each Halloween. I also want to see a pull back picture of your friends room (who had the couples party) I cant tell what is going on behind the picture of the 4 witches, but it looks cool.